Terms & Conditions
- I. Who are the data controller and the data recipients of the personal information we collect about you?
- II. What type of personal information do we collect about you?
- III. How do we use the data we collect - data transfer?
- IV. Our partners and links to other websites
- V. How we store & protect Personal Information - Data Security
- VI. How to access, update, correct or delete your Personal Information
- VII. How can I opt-in to receive promotional emails? - Our Opt-in Policy
I. Who are the data controller and the data recipients of the personal information we collect about you?
Europcar International S.A.S.U, a ‘Société par Actions Simplifiée Unipersonnelle' whose registered office is located at Immeuble Le Mirabeau, 5-6 Place des Frères Montgolfier, 78280 Guyancourt, France and registered with the Registry of Commerce and Companies of Versailles under number: B 542 065 305 (hereinafter referred to as "We") is the data controller of the Personal information We collect about you on this website (the Website).
Such personal information is dedicated to Europcar Group companies, their franchisees, sub-contractors and partners and will be collected, processed and stored in accordance with French Data Protection Law.
II. What type of personal information do we collect about you?
Personal information collected about you
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide. This information is collected, notably when you:
- Register / Become a Europcar member
- Make an online reservation
- Activate our eReady Service
- Enroll in a Europcar Privilege loyalty programme
- Subscribe to Europcar Newsletter / Email alerts
- Participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes
- Contact Europcar
- Use our online services
Cookies and other Web technologies
Information is also collected automatically every time you visit our Website. We collect information about your computer and assign you a "cookie" (a small, unique identifier text file). You do not provide this information. It is collected automatically as a mean of supporting your visit to our website.
We collect information about your computer for the purpose of assessing the effectiveness of site content and traffic. This data allows us to improve the quality of your visit by streamlining your ability to navigate the site and developing featured programmes and content that will be of interest to our members and site visitors.
The Website uses three types of cookies:
- Session cookies: These are used to track the user's progression through the site in a single visit. These are required for the site to function but are not used in any way to identify you personally. Session cookies are temporary and are automatically deleted once you leave the Website.
- Persistent cookies: These are used to identify the users between visits. They are not required for the site to work but may enhance customer experience. We do not store any personal data in these cookies, just a unique number that identifies customers to us. Persistent cookies remain on your computer hard drive until you delete them.
- Third party cookies: You may have noticed that we carry advertising from third parties on our site. Occasionally they may send you a cookie. We have no control over these.
Your browser or other software you install may permit you to restrict the use of session cookies, persistent cookies or all cookies. If you elect not to permit the use of session cookies, you will not be able to use our websites or certain features of our html email messages. If you elect not to permit the use of persistent cookies only, you may still enjoy the full functionality of our websites and html email; however, if you do so, you will need to re-enter some data when starting a new website session or opening (or re-opening) an html email.
Both session and persistent cookies may also be used in connection with html email sent by us.
In addition, certain of our web pages and html email messages incorporate "pixel tags" that allow us to track the actions of users on our websites and recipients of our email communications. Pixel tags are used to collect navigating data on our Website which helps us determining popular destinations, average rental prices, quote and conversion rates, click-throughs and other information which can be used to improve our customer service and to adapt our offers and services to our client's centers of interest.
Our Website collects certain technical information from your computer each time you request a page during a visit to a Europcar website. This information is collected from your computer's web browser and may include your IP address, operating system, web browser software (e.g., Firefox, opera, Chrome, Safari, Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer), screen resolution, and referrer web site.
III. How do we use the data we collect - data transfer?
We collect and process your personal information in order to allow Europcar Group companies, their franchisees, sub-contractors and partners to provide you with the services ordered and the benefits in kind to which you subscribed.
In particular, we may use the information to:
- Register you as a Europcar member and provide you with a Europcar ID
- Process your car rental and all associated services: Get a quote / make an on-line booking / modify or cancel existing reservation / manage your invoices...)
- Send email notifications for special promotions should you wish so
- Manage your loyalty program
- Respond to your questions or suggestions
- Improve the quality of your visit to our site
- Send you our Newsletter should you wish so
- Manage your participation to a sweepstake or a contest
- Contact you in order to participate in customer surveys in order to improve our services
IV. Our partners and links to other websites
We have partnered with reputable third parties to offer you a variety of travel services. All travel services throughout our Website that are provided by a third-party partner are described as such. Although we only work with reputable third parties, our business partners may have different privacy policies and practices than Europcar.
There are also several places throughout our Website that may link you to other websites that do not operate under Europcar information privacy practices. When you click through to these web sites, Europcar websites information privacy practices no longer apply. We recommend that you examine the privacy statements for all third party websites to understand their procedures for collecting, using, and disclosing your information.
V. How we store & protect Personal Information - Data Security
We want our members and site visitors to feel confident about using our Website and making car rental reservations, so we are committed to protecting the information we collect.
The Europcar network is a safe and secure online environment. Our systems are configured with data encryption, or scrambling technologies, and industry-standard firewalls. When you send personal information to a Europcar website over the Internet, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
Every credit card transaction you make at Europcar websites is done through our Secure Server Technology. This provides many security features, including:
Authentication: this assures your browser that your data is being sent to the correct computer server, and that the server is secure.
Encryption: this encodes the data, so that it cannot be read by anyone other than the secure server.
Data Integrity: this checks the data being transferred to ensure it has not been altered.
VI. How to access, update, correct or delete your Personal Information
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal data we have about you is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use that data.
Under the French Data Protection Act, you have at any time a right to access, and oppose for legitimate reasons, the processing of your personal data as well as the right to update, correct or delete personal data collected by us that would be incomplete, inaccurate, outdated data, or those forbidden by law, by logging into your "My Europcar" profile or by contacting our main office in your country of residence.
You will find the address of our headquarters in the "CORPORATE INFORMATION" section on our website. As an alternative, you may obtain the information by writing to us at:
Europcar International - Data Centre
Immeuble Le Mirabeau
5-6 Place des Frères Montgolfier
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
You will also be able to change your password and secret question at any time by logging into your "My Europcar" profile.
VII. How can I opt-in to receive promotional emails? - Our Opt-in Policy
As a Europcar member, you may occasionally receive, via email, information about our Products and Services, updates to our Site, customized advertisements and promotions that are targeted to your specific interest, such as special deals, promotions, contests, sweepstakes and other travel opportunities available on Europcar websites and/or sponsored by our travel service providers and advertisers. We send this information directly ourselves, or via third party service providers.
You will be sent these emails about our Site upon your request. You can subscribe in the "Profile" and "Alerts" pages of the My Europcar section, accessible through the main navigation bar of the Website or send us an email by clicking here.
At any time, you may decide that you do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional emails from us. In this case, you can unsubscribe in the "Profile" and "Alerts" pages of the My Europcar section, accessible through the main navigation bar of the Website or send us an email by clicking here.
In addition, in our emails and other communications, we will include instructions on how to unsubscribe.
We reserve the right to limit membership to those who will accept emails. Members will be notified via email prior to any actions taken.